Position: Administrative Assistant (Temporary)
Organization: Foothill - De Anza Community College District (Los Altos Hills, CA 94022)
Seniority Level: Experienced
Employment Type: Temporary (Full-Time, hours 8:30 - 5:00pm with an inclusive 30-minute unpaid lunch break)
Job Function: Administrative
Industries: Higher Education
Salary: $20.00 - $28.00 per hour depending on experience
The Department of Purchasing, Contracts and Risk Management is seeking an Administrative Assistant for a temporary assignment of approximately six months through December 31, 2019 and potentially longer, and may result in a subsequent permanent recruitment for this position. The Purchasing Department is located at the Foothill College Campus, and provides purchasing services in support of Foothill and De Anza College requirements.
The Administrative Assistant will assist the Director and buying team. This individual will be in charge of the front desk and should be outgoing, articulate and self-motivated. Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Answer telephone calls and schedule meetings on Outlook
- Opening, sorting and distributing mail
- Printing incoming requisitions and reviewing to determine previous buyer assignment if applicable for director review and assignment. Updating requisition on Banner to indicate buyer assigned and distribute to buyer for processing.
- Create requisitions on Banner System for department requirements and prepare invoices for submission to Accounts Payable for payment.
- Run Banner System Reports for management as required.
- Assist customers with inquiries regarding status of requisition or purchase orders.
- Assist with Certificate of Insurance from vendors, and facilitate requests from District Staff for Certificate of Insurance for District projects/programs.
- Coordinate the District Volunteer Program and work closely with Campus Police on the required livescan/ fingerprint clearance.
- Assist with DMV Driver Record Release Forms, and enrollment in DMV Employer Pull Notice Program of District Staff driving District vehicles.
- Assist with updates to Purchasing Forms and Contract templates, converting Word or PDF files to fillable forms etc.
- Maintain the Department website and update as appropriate
- Track staff absences on group calendar and review staff timecards for accuracy prior to Director review.
- Prepare invoices for payment
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in this position and meet the requirements, send your resume to Purchasing@fhda.edu
- At least one year related work experience
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced office,
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Office Suite
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal/customer service skills
- Detail oriented, and willingness to learn and grow within the organization
For additional information, visit: http://www.fhda.edu