The Office of Undergraduate Admissions is responsible for the recruitment, selection, and enrollment of the undergraduate first-year and transfer class each year for the School of Arts & Sciences, School of Engineering, and the School of the Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts. The Office of Graduate Admissions supports the enrollment objectives of the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences and the School of Engineering at Tufts University. Graduate Admissions supports the Deans of each school, and members of the faculty, on the coordination of all aspects of graduate student recruitment, application processing, and marketing and communications. Admissions is charged with meeting various enrollment goals across schools and programs.
Apply today to be more involved as a strategic and essential member of our admissions team in an environment of cultural sensitivity as you work with diverse populations, including staff, students, parents, and school counselors.
What You'll Do
This is a hybrid position which includes working days on the Medford campus and remote/virtual working days.
Under minimal supervision, the Admissions Administrative Coordinator provides advanced administrative support and communications for the Dean of Admissions, Director of Undergraduate Admissions, and Director of Graduate Admissions.
- Handles complex and confidential situations and requests and serves in a highly visible capacity as resource for department with students, staff, faculty and other constituents.
- Coordinates department budget to include monitoring, tracking expenditures, troubleshooting problems and preparing reports.
- Gathers data, conducts research and drafts reports, summaries or materials for presentation.
- Plans and coordinates meetings and special events, including contacting speakers, and coordinating support for speakers and presenters.
- Coordinates programs and/or projects for department.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and experience typically acquired through a high school diploma/GED and 5+ years of administrative experience OR a bachelor's degree and 3+ years of experience.
- Proficient with MS Office applications and detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Superior interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with confidential information and data.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment, both independently and as a member of a team with minimal supervision.
- Experience in a university setting.
- Familiarity with a CRM or database software.