Posting Title Assistant Director, Dining Department Budget and Operations
Department UNT-Dining Services-163700
Job Location Denton
Full Time/Part Time Full-Time
Salary Information Salary commensurate with experience
Join the University of North Texas Dining Department where fresh is "in"! All of our food is prepared fresh in our kitchens using local vendors and farms – no convenience foods.
Our Dining Services department includes a nationally acclaimed vegan cafeteria, faculty and staff meal plans, and dining halls are open to the community. All menu planning is done in-house by each kitchen’s chef and fresh ice cream is made on campus. To our staff, eating local is not just an attitude, it’s our way of life.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
Responsible for supervision and performance of accounting functions, budget planning, budget monitoring, forecasting, projections for Campus Dining Services
Bachelor’s degree with coursework in Accounting or Business Administration and five years of highly responsible and varied experience in financial administration at the University or similar related outside experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of (or ability to rapidly assimilate and retain) University fiscal and administrative policy, procedure and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of sound business management principles, policies, and techniques.
- Ability to work under considerable pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
- Marked ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Functional computer applications skills.
- Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
- Knowledge of safe working procedures and security measures related to work performed.