The Office of Research Compliance is seeking a detail-oriented Human Research Protection Program (HRPP) Administrator to manage the privileged and confidential institutional review and approval process of all proposed research activities involving human subjects to protect their safety, rights, and welfare.
Under administrative direction, the HRPP Administrator will serve as a member, with vote, on the Institutional Review Board (IRB); perform highly complex duties to facilitate the review and approval process, such as use of independent judgment in interpreting and applying relevant federal and state laws, regulations, and institutional policies and guidelines; conduct literature reviews and prepare reports on scientific topics and on regulatory precedent and changes; instruct IRB chairs, members, and researchers on the regulations and ethical principles essential to the review process; provide training and advice to faculty, staff, and student researchers on the regulations and on preparation of applications and consent forms; and review and approve administrative and procedural modifications of applications. This position reports to the Director of Research Compliance.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Serves as a voting member of the IRB, and functions as a designated reviewer for exempt and expedited reviews.
* Interpret and apply federal and state laws, regulations, institutional policies, and guidelines to protect human subjects and to ensure institutional compliance.
* Ensures research activities are carried out in a manner that is compliant with all federal, state and local requirements by providing direction on promoting and maintaining required compliance.
* Provide regulatory, ethical, and method advice to individual faculty, staff, and students in preparation of applications for research proposals involving human subjects and consent documents.
* Draft correspondence that conveys IRB deliberations and contingencies for approval of research activities involving human subjects.
* Assist in program development, implementation, and evaluation.
* Establish and maintain self as a professional expert and resource to the Organization, patients, families and the Community. Participate in appropriate professional organizations and continuing education programs.
Outstanding Benefits PackageWorking at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
About UBThe University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.