Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Program Assistant IV, Undergrad Studies
University of San Francisco
Program Assistant IV, Undergrad Studies
The Program Assistant IV is responsible for providing administrative assistance to the Office of Undergraduate Studies (UG) which serves a population of ~ 2,000 undergraduate business students. The Office of Undergraduate Studies provides a welcoming and problem solving approach to business students, staff and faculty. The successful candidate is adaptable, dependable, timely, detail-oriented, customer-focus driven, and a responsive individual with strong collaborative and customer service skills. The Program Assistant IV is a key member of the Undergraduate Studies team, reporting directly to the Director of Operations and Student Engagement.
Full Job Description:
- Create a warm and welcoming environment and provide excellent customer service.
- Front desk reception, oversee advising check-in by student assistants, tracking, answers inquiries from students, faculty and visitors.
- Responsible for responding to in-person, email and phone inquiries from all stakeholders.
- Responsible for all student correspondence related to registration including information on advising holds, cancelled classes and course modifications. Sends follow-up emails to remind students about advising holds (AH) and actions to remove AHs.
- Approve student workers' drafted response to the Undergraduate Studies' email exchange account; making corrections as needed.
- Manage the UG Studies' events calendar; enter approved events onto the SOM Events Calendar; Provide logistical support for UG-sponsored events. Assists with program event planning and execution.
- Update student information on databases as required for SOM and University initiatives.
- Monitor and run reports from University databases.
- Assist with assigning of faculty advisers to business students, monitor Change of Academic Program flow and re-assign students when necessary.
- Support all office events including training sessions for faculty, peak registration activities, and future initiatives.
- Assist with monitoring daily advising activities.
- Assist with all student retention efforts.
- Coordinate meetings including invitations, room reservation, catering, the preparation and distribution of agendas, presentations, and post-meeting documents.
- Assist with procurement and payment processing, travel planning, expense report submission and tracking of office expenses.
- Assists in maintaining and updating all related curricular handouts and documents for the School of Management undergraduate student population.
- Maintain procedure manuals and documents related to UG Studies office processes.
- Format and proofread documents and presentations; handle scanning, faxing, mailings, and other administrative tasks upon request.
- Assist with publications and website management.
- Support Professional Edge initiatives.
- Assist faculty adviser with NBMBAA annual national conference.
- Point of contact with vendors and couriers for office needs.
- Provide administrative support for all business minors.
- Collect and input information for weekly Newsletter for supervisor's review.
- Manage student records includes adding/removing advising holds.
- Maintain inventory and organization of the UG Studies' promotional products.
- Generate letters for Optional Practical Training (OPT) and Curricular Practical Training (CPT) letters.
- Assist with all functions of the UG Studies Office and perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all student records and related items protected under FERPA.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Training or experience equivalent to five years of increasingly responsible experience in a senior support role or related education. One or more years of customer service-focused/administrative experience.
- Familiarity with student data systems, preferably Banner.
- Ability to handle up to 30 pounds.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Can communicate professionally, appropriately, and effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels of internal and external constituents.
- Is highly organized, detail-oriented, resourceful, accountable, and able to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines in a collaborative work setting with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated professional customer service skills with the ability to establish effective working relationships with diverse stakeholders. Ability to deal with conflict while maintaining relationships.
- Ability to provide accurate information and develop a thorough understanding of the policies, general regulations and office procedures and correctly apply them to the tasks of maintain policies and procedures in a friendly and customer-service driven manner.
- Must have a positive and professional attitude and be able to work well individually as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Self-motivated, able to identify tasks, and take a proactive approach to identified tasks, initiates projects from start to completion in a collaborative team environment.
- Tech friendly; can learn computer software, e.g. Ellucian Banner, Tableau, Screenflow video editing, Drupal Website, Emma newsletter software, Canva (flyer software), Prezi (power point software} for department needs. Proficient in Google Docs, Google Forms, Google Sheets.
- Able to enforce policies while maintaining and communicating with a solutions-oriented, pleasant demeanor.
- Able to proactively seek direction when needed and proactively communicate problem, risks, project status and completion updates with supervisors and colleagues.
- Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to USF's Mission, Vision and Values.
- May be required to occasionally work outside of normal business hours, including evenings and Saturdays. Compensatory time in agreement with supervisor.
- Vacation/personal days are subject to blackout periods during peak production seasons (during the first two weeks of school, registration week, the two weeks leading up to registration week, the last two weeks of the academic semester)
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Program-Assistant-IV--Undergrad-Studies_R0001503.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |