Coordinates and provides technical, administrative, and logistics support to the setup and conduct of training programs, workshops, competitions, and other events as part of the Cyber Patriot program that is designed to encourage high school students to select computer security education and careers.
The CyberPatriot Project Specialist is a technical support position which is specifically designed to support a program that trains through workshops, classroom, and competition venues, up-and-coming IT technicians to specialize in computer security. The program named 'CyberPatriot' is specially funded to identify and recruit students into educational tracks within IT and specifically to internet, network, and data security. The Specialist requires user support and basic network skills. Advancement from this position is possible to user and applications support within the information technology environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to:
* Coordinates and assists in planning, scheduling, and conducting 'CyberPatriot' program training courses, workshops, competitions, events, and information sessions involving faculty, school administrators, and teachers in addition to the students.
* Participates in identifying and recommending teachers, presenters, and speakers who have extended knowledge of or can contribute curriculum and instruction to the CyberPatriot program.
* Reaches out to the local school districts to provide proactive information and supporting materials to students about the college programs and specifically the CyberPatriot Program opportunities.
* Assists and participates in the CyberPatriot competitions throughout the College's community. Represents the College and the program in CyberPatriot events. Follows up on availability of awards, hospitality, and other services connected to the events.
* Prepares, for review and edit, and distributes CyberPatriot informational materials within the college, to high schools, and to outside resources.
* Performs administrative and clerical support to the program that includes and is not limited to student information, program compliance, registrations and fee transactions, and correspondence and reporting.
* Maintains and updates budget information for the CyberPatriot grant. Receives monthly fiscal reports, assists with notification of administrator and other staff responsible for budget information of any concerns or immediate needs.
* Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.