University Advancement is searching for a Senior Application Analyst who will work under the general direction of the Assistant Vice President for Advancement Services. In this role you will perform a variety of duties such as:
• Perform troubleshooting, maintenance, and optimization of existing software applications.
• Make recommendations for digital application systems and processes to enhance workflow and business productivity.
• Support the information management needs of divisional leadership and colleagues.
The Senior Application Analyst reports to the Senior Director of Application Services and is part of a customer-centered Advancement Services team focused on supporting the successful fundraising and engagement efforts of the Division of University Advancement.
Other key duties include:
• Support complex applications with multiple web, application and database servers
• Develop, modify and maintain systems and software: write code for new applications; ensure compliance with department design and coding standards; write and modify software using a variety of programming languages; and design user friendly interfaces and logic screen flow
• Provide application user support to assigned applications: identify and resolve problems to restore service to users in a timely and efficient manner; design new or modifies existing configurations to automate or meet users' needs and drive productivity
• Ensure that applications and operations are in compliance with policies, procedures, and rules
• Support continual operation of software applications utilizing diagnostic tools and other resources as appropriate, review system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo, a flagship university of the State University of New York (SUNY) system, is a research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence and making a positive impact on the world. As a member of the prestigious American Association of Universities (AAU), UB is recognized as one of the leading research universities in the world, while remaining affordable for many first-generation students. Home to more than 31,000 students from diverse backgrounds, UB offers exceptional student experiences inside and outside the classroom. By attracting the world’s best faculty and students, UB elevates the educational experience, brings an influx of national and global talent to Western New York, secures federal investments in academic research that tackles pressing societal problems, and catalyzes growth and innovation across business and industry. Here, students and faculty work side by side, seeking knowledge and practice that leads to better health, stronger buildings, more compassionate and just communities, innovative ways to teach, a more sustainable environment and smarter business practices for our world.
Division of University Advancement
Building stronger connections with UB’s 280,000+ alumni and donors worldwide is critical to the university’s goal: to situate UB among the nation’s top 25 public research universities. UB alumni and friends are grateful and generous, supporting the largest, most ambitious fundraising campaign the university has ever launched. Through the Boldly Buffalo: The Campaign for UB, we seek to raise $1 billion. We invite you to join our University Advancement team and be part of our historic efforts.
Commensurate with experience.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.