Tufts University Advancement is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join the Tufts Office of Alumni Engagement (OAE). The OAE team believes in the value of a lifelong connection to the Tufts Community. We collaborate with alumni, students, parents, friends, and university partners to provide exceptional experiences around the world. In conjunction with the Tufts University Alumni Association, OAE plans programs and supports volunteer opportunities for a diverse group of Tufts Alumni. We support campus-based, regional, shared interest, and international programs to engage our wide range of alumni around the world.
What You'll Do
As the first point of contact for all Tufts alumni, the Alumni Engagement Assistant will welcome office visitors and handle all incoming calls, emails, and online community requests. This role will provide superior customer service to connect alumni to the appropriate services and help resolve inquiries. This position reports directly to the Executive Director of Alumni Engagement and provides day-to-day administrative, logistical and communications support for the entire OAE (17 people) team. Working with the Tufts University Alumni Association, this role tracks monthly finances, plans and executes bi-annual council meetings, schedules and coordinates meetings for the Alumni Council Executive Committee. The Alumni Engagement Assistant enters and manages alumni data and events into Advance (CRM), produces monthly volunteer newsletters and other volunteer communications, and recruits, trains, and supervises office student workers. This position also provides back-end support for the People Grove alumni mentoring platform (the Herd).
What We're Looking For
• Typically, a high school diploma/GED and 5+ years of administrative experience OR a bachelor's degree and 3+ years of experience.
• Requires advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including word processing, editing and graphics functions, spreadsheet and database knowledge.
• In addition, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Proactive, articulate, personable, well-organized, service-oriented to internal and external constituents, and able to handle multiple projects concurrently.
• Excellent interpersonal skills are essential, including exceptional oral and written communication skills with strong attention to details.
• One to three years of professional experience in alumni engagement, development and/or volunteer management.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn, and complex databases.
• Able to work as part of a team, as well as independently; can do attitude with ability to roll up sleeves and tackle all challenges
• Able to attend evening and weekend events.
• An aptitude for and commitment to thinking differently, learning new systems and applications, collaborating