The Executive Assistant supports the work of the Office of Alumni Engagement, working closely with both the Associate Vice President for Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving and the Executive Director of Alumni Engagement, as well as working independently to support the UB Alumni Association Board of Directors (UBAA), and other divisional and university staff to increase alumni engagement and private support to the University at Buffalo. The Executive Assistant also serves as the Office of Alumni Engagement (OAE) receptionist, welcoming visitors, answering the main telephone line and monitoring the OAE email inbox.
The incumbent must have extensive office management and project management experience, as well as a command of MS Office tools and programs, and experience working in support of a large, complex organization. The incumbent must have highly developed professional and interpersonal skills appropriate to a public office environment, the ability to learn new skills quickly, and the ability to appropriately handle confidential information and customer service issues.
A summary of duties are as follows:
Administrative, Office of Alumni Engagement:
* Provide daily telephone and email coverage for the Office of Alumni Engagement reflecting a passionate commitment to customer service, and a professional and personable demeanor with the ability to appropriately handle confidential and sensitive circumstances;
* Arrange/coordinate travel itineraries and process detailed expense reimbursements for Associate Vice President and Executive Director;
* Manage complex scheduling for large group meetings as well as calendar requests for the meeting scheduling and calendar requests for Associate Vice President and Executive Director;
Administrative Support, UB Alumni Association Board of Directors:
* Cultivate solid, working relationships with alumni volunteer leaders and provide administrative support to the UB Alumni Association (UBAA) Board of Directors that includes the following:
* sending out meeting invitations and tracking responses to meetings of the Board of Directors, Executive Committee, board committees (finance, membership, audit, etc.) and UBAA board president’s meetings;
* drafting correspondence and managing communication via the UBAA board portal;
* preparing agendas and associated meeting materials, coordinating meeting logistics;
* coordinating engagement activities for UBAA past presidents;
* maintaining and updating UBAA by-laws, annual duties and responsibilities, whistleblower and conflict of interest documents and other board materials as required.
* Managing the logistics of the annual board dinner/social and various other ad hoc social gatherings of the board.
* Preparing Executive Committee and Full Board meeting minutes in a detailed and timely manner.
* Cultivate solid and collaborative working relationships with colleagues in OAE, school-based alumni offices, the division of University Advancement, and other partner units, which may include the offices of the president, the provost, the vice presidents, and the deans as well as admissions, career services, and athletics.
* Maintain office supplies for the Office of Alumni Engagement
* Maintain an organized and integrated filing system for OAE and UBAA, including both electronic and paper files.
* Handle special projects as assigned for the overall benefit of the Office of Alumni Engagement and University Advancement.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/research-foundation/regular-employees.htmlbenefit packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://www.buffalo.eduUniversity at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.