Assistant Operations Manager
Georgia Southern University
Tech Corner. The Assistant Operations Manager oversees the training staff on product knowledge and promotion; manages inventory by receiving goods and provides regular updates of inventory status.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all forms of technology including mobile, desktop, tech and accessories.
- Receives merchandise into the Point Of Sale system and determines pricing based on formulas.
- Oversees the hiring, training, and supervision of Student Assistants by reviewing and revising orientation to products and sales training materials.
- Responsible for inventory control and counts through updates and operations of the POS system.
- Supervises the Front End Supervisor and service technicians in the in-house service center.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Minimum Education Required:
Associates Degree or two years of post-secondary education
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?:
Minimum Experience Required:
Three or more years of related work experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment
Two or more years of related experience in a retail customer service environment; previous supervision experience
$28,901 - $36,132
Job Open Date:
Job Closing Date:
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit: https://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/59862
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.