The Department of Facilities Services is responsible for the efficient and cost effective operations, maintenance and management of all Tufts university facilities consisting of approximately 5 million square feet of space on three campuses (Somerville/Medford, Grafton, and Boston).
A broad range of services are provided to support the University campuses including: facility maintenance by all trades, capital maintenance, custodial services, energy and utilities systems, recycling and waste management, event services, residential facilities coordination and grounds maintenance.
Related functions, which require close coordination with this department, are public and environmental safety and security, campus planning, and design and construction of capital and deferred maintenance projects including major repairs, renovation and new construction.
What You'll Do
The Senior Facilities Manager is responsible for the smooth, effective, safe and sustainable operations of the buildings and surrounding grounds within his/her assigned locations as well as back up for fellow Sr. Facility and Facility Managers when necessary.
- This includes, but is not limited to, all mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems that serve the buildings and its occupants, as well as maintaining the aesthetic quality of the campus and providing and ensuring the proper execution of all auxiliary operations and services for the buildings such as pest control, custodial services and various other services.
- The Senior Facilities Manager is the steward and first line of contact for key building constituents including deans, faculty administrators and students.
- The Senior Facilities Manager is expected to build and maintain solid relationships and ongoing, meaningful communications with the stakeholders of each of thier buildings and to collaborate proactively with campus work control, planning and dispatch functions to ensure the proper execution of all work-order requests, building emergencies and discretionary maintenance projects.
- The Senior Facilities Manager is expected to be a key liaison with project managers and project manager leadership on capital projects.
- They are responsible to ascertain an expertise with respect to their building systems and needs and to work collaboratively with campus management to create and expand an effective preventive maintenance zone-based program and to manage their team of trades persons to productive, transparent and best practices work protocols.
What We're Looking For
- 10 years’ experience in facilities management including staff management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in facilities/engineering discipline.
- Driver’s License.
- Microsoft Outlook Office, Proficient in Maximo CMMS or other work order management system, CAD and or Revit, Microsoft Project, JCI Metasys.
- Must be available nights and weekends.
- Experience managing a research and development facility or health sciences campus.
- Continued Education Classes in operating and programming JCI Metasys system.
- Managing in a Union environment.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Required to be on site during emergency situations related to weather and/or man made such as power outages and scheduled utility shut downs.