This position qualifies for a $2,000 sign on bonus following successful completion of 6 months of employment for newly hired employees.
The Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University provides 24-hour care for pets 365 days of the year. Since 1985, we have offered high quality medical care, consultation, referral, and emergency veterinary services for the care of dogs, cats and exotic pets. In addition, the hospital creates a positive learning experience for Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University students and student technicians about small animal medicine and surgery.
What You'll Do
About This Role:
The Surgery Department is looking for a veterinary technician who is passionate about their career and will enjoy being part of fast-paced, always evolving team. The Surgery Section is made up of three services: Soft Tissue, Orthopedics, and the "Chief" service, which is a combination of the two. The surgery technician will be responsible for organizing, managing, and coordinating surgery appointments and will facilitate discharges of patients to their owners after their stay.
The surgery technician will also provide technical support for animals having surgery, including prepping patients, maintaining the surgical suites and preparing the equipment and instruments that will be needed during each surgery.
The surgery technician should be proficient in veterinary technical skills such as animal restraint, IV catheter placement and phlebotomy.
You should enjoy being organized while delivering compassionate and exceptional care to our patients and clients.We ask that you have the willingness to learn, and openness to trying new things.
What We Offer:
We prioritize education and professional development in a learning environment. Come take advantage of multiple opportunities to grow and expand your skills including:
- In house Continuing Education (CE) presentations
- Virtual CE Library
- Dedicated funds to support attendance at CE events
- Free subscriptions to online CE platforms
- Licensing reimbursement
- Access to a travel budget which subsidizes local, regional and national conferences
- Assistance in pursuing CVT or VTS certification
- A Technician Development Coordinator on staff
What We're Looking For
- Associate degree from an accredited institution in Veterinary Technology or other animal biology related field plus three years related work experience or High School diploma or equivalent plus 5 years related work experience
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodation
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution in Veterinary Technology or other animal biology related field plus two years related work experience
- Credentialed as a Certified Veterinary Technician
- Advanced education and experience with Veterinary Technician Specialist
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- This position is considered essential and is required to report to work during campus closings.
- The schedule for this position requires flexibility to ensure that adequate patient care is provided without interruption.
It is time to apply:
The position offers opportunities to work directly with owners, their animals and our veterinary staff. If you are looking for a change and new challenges, here is your chance.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity