The Division of Student Life
is accepting applications for the Associate Director
position within Accessibility Resources. In this role, you will work to ensure that students with disabilities have appropriate accommodations and access to equitable curricular and co-curricular programs, services and opportunities.
Your responsibilities include:
- Supervise and coordinate the functions of professional and clerical service staff
- Lead case management and student transitional services
- Consult and liaison with university students, faculty, staff and stakeholders
- Analytics, resource planning and management, budget monitoring and oversight
- Community outreach
The successful incumbent will be skilled in working in a highly collaborative team-based environment.
Our team recognizes the advantages diverse perspectives and backgrounds bring to the workplace. We are particularly interested in candidates who share this value and will work to achieve the university’s goals of inclusive excellence.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuits – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefits packages
About Student Life
As a member of Student Life, you will join service professionals, all driven by one shared set of values designed to help ensure students’ well-being, create a safe and supportive environment and promote student success. In Student Life, growth is a shared passion. We aim for excellence, thinking big and going bold. We pursue our goals tenaciously while stewarding the student experience. We build communities and advance diversity in all forms. We encourage discovery and celebrate success.About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of experience or master’s degree or professional certification with 1 year of experience.
- Degree/certification in special education, rehabilitation counseling, social work or related field.
- Supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of relevant governmental regulations and demonstrated ability to put them into practice interpretively.
- Leadership style that emphasizes excellence in consumer services in circumstances that frequently are stressful and which demand patience and a positive outlook.
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities.
- Progressive experience working with individuals with disabilities in a postsecondary education setting