The University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine
Clinical Research Facility is seeking a highly motivated, team oriented and energetic Dental Assistant
to support clinical research studies.
This part time position duties include:
- Assist clinical research operations including oral examinations, clinical data recording and sample collection as outlined in IRB-approved clinical protocols and adhering to proper infection control protocols and procedures.
- Assist during treatment procedures such as prophylaxes and scaling and root planing as required by study protocols.
- Perform room set-up and break-down and be responsible for sterilization of dental instruments.
- Obtain and review/update Health History, Dental History and Life Style History, and take vitals if needed.
- Assist with recruitment, consent and retention of study participants and other research studies activities as needed.
- Help with scheduling of participants. (ie: making appointments, returning phone calls and answering phones).
- Assist with record keeping and data entry of participants conditions and treatments.
- Assist in the acquisition of dental x-rays
- Maintain equipment protocols. Including but not limited to: Dental units, autoclave units, dental handpieces.
- Assist in inventory control. Help with insuring clinic has all supplies needed and re- ordering of all dental and research supplies as required.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.