Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is a university-wide service organization committed to delivering technology solutions in support of Tufts' mission of teaching, learning, research, innovation, and sustainability. With staff across all of Tufts' campuses, as well as a 24x7 IT Service Desk, we collaborate with schools and divisions to meet the demands of a global, mobile community. We promote a collaborative, flexible work environment, embrace diversity and inclusion, and encourage personal and professional development. Learn more about TTS on our website.
What You'll Do
Manager, AV Architecture and Technical Project Management leads a team of technical project managers and installation specialists responsible for design and installations of AV systems both that are being performed internally and via integrators. This position will create roadmaps aligned with the future needs of the university in these strategic areas, oversee complex design projects, research development and product options, work collaboratively with the product development and support practice, be an active participant in strategic planning initiatives, and ensure operational excellence by developing consistent methodologies and practices. This position serves as a key member of the AV leadership team and will actively engage with faculty, deans, and key administrators across Tufts. The position manages preventative maintenance, design and design standards, and client consultation for classroom and lab technology digital and analog audiovisual/multimedia systems event and meeting space technology conferencing and collaboration services (e.g. video, web, and teleconferencing) and lecture and content capture services. The role manages project budgets, ensures projects are delivered within budget and on time, and that clients are satisfied by the results.
This position has a work designation of onsite and is not eligible for routine remote work. Routine travel between the 4 campus areas and occasional travel to affiliated sites (e.g. Walpole Vets, Tufts Veterinary Field Service will be required. As a customer-facing organization, we expect all technology support team members to represent TTS to our client population in a professional manner. As such, the expectations of TTS is that you will wear business appropriate, professional attire that is clean, neat, and work appropriate.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and experience typically acquired through a High School diploma and 8 years of experience in the installation and maintenance of audiovisual/multimedia systems with progressive increases in responsibility within that period.
- 4 years' experience managing professional staff.
- Direct experience with installation and maintenance of 6 or more of the following technologies:
- Hardware-based videoconferencing systems.
- Video camera systems, including SDI and RTSP. Experience with NDI is a plus.
- Wall-mounted video monitors.
- Video projection systems.
- Distributed audio systems.
- Beamforming microphones.
- HDBaseT and USB over CAT extension.
- Extron DSP configuration.
- Wireless microphone coordination in a large-scale (16+ microphones) environment.
- Two or more of the following certifications:
- Dante Certification Level 2
- Extron Control Specialist
- Biamp TesiraForte
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking, including networking protocols and standards.
- Strong technical troubleshooting and resolution skills with demonstrated ability to learn new skills quickly. Strong research and analytical skills for more complex issues/problems.
- Strong communication, collaboration, organizational and time management skills including the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and independently manage a changing workload and schedule in a wide variety of settings and situations.
- Proven ability to perform well under stress when confronted with emergency, critical or unusual customer situations. Ability to maintain a strong sense of urgency. Appropriate use Demonstrated ability to deliver professional customer service, end user training and consultation, effective team and project work.
- Direct experience in a Higher Education setting.
- CTS-D, CTS-I certification is a plus.
- Experience using Extron's Global Viewer Enterprise AV resource management system.
- Experience with Crestron programming.
- Extron Control Professional Certification.
- Experience with video/audio recording, capture and editing, web streaming and video recording technologies and support.
- Experience with lighting control systems
- Familiarity with ITIL v3 Foundations.
- Experience delivering tier 1-2 desktop support to end users in a mixed Windows and Mac environment
- Desktop support related certifications such as: MSCE, A+, Network +, CCNA, ACMT.
- Experience using endpoint management systems such as LANDesk Management Suite and Avante.
- Experience with LDAP, DHCP, DNS and TCP/IP configuration.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
This position requires the ability to travel between Tufts four campuses. May be required to work weekends or non-uniform hours when dealing with installations or unusual situations that require additional time to troubleshoot and resolve. The ability to share in a 24x7x365 on-call rotation and to provide support outside of normal business hours as needed while on-call and for occasional planned maintenance events. This position works 40 hours per week. There is occasional event support work evenings and weekends but the position is overtime eligible.
This position has a work designation of onsite and is not eligible for remote work.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.