The Department of Anesthesiology is seeking an individual with excellent organizational skills who is self-motivated with exceptional attention to details and is a resourceful problem solver. In this position, you will:
- Manage the Medical Student Elective Program and the Visiting Student Program, to include independently making all decisions for the programs. Compose medical student recommendation letters and upload to AAMC
- Manage faculty appointments/re-appointments and prepare faculty dossiers for promotion, tenure and awards
- Collect documentation and support of visa and work authorizations for faculty and volunteers.
- Assist the Department Chair with budget development and management
- Determine office needs, order supplies and decide which expenditures are appropriate for payment through state accounts and process requisitions. Maintain department calendar. Update and maintain department policy and procedure manual
- Manage and approve staff time off requests, ensuring adequate office coverage at all times
- Provide clerical support for the Department Chair, schedule staff meetings; take and distribute minutes
- Maintain department records and files.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.