Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Systems Administrator III - Systems/Operations
Utah Valley University
Systems Administrator III - Systems/Operations
: Staff - Full-Time
As a key member of the IT full time staff at UVU, this position Performs the engineering, installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of enterprise Microsoft products, Linux systems and applications. Participates in incident management and on-call rotations, helps manage O365 Exchange environment, MS Teams, MSSql and other duties. Performs incident management, incident communications, change coordination, and problem management tracking; applying organizational change and continuous improvement methodologies.
Sets up user accounts, provides technical support and troubleshoots problems. Performs some programming and script writing. Understands user and process requirements. Fulfills requirements via high-quality deliverables. Works on a team of technical personnel to deliver high visibility and accountability of IT systems and services to campus users. UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelors degree in Information Technology or a related field plus three years of work experience in IT or a combination of education and experience in a related field totaling seven years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience with, SQL, PL/SQL, MySQL, SQL Server, MSSql, Apache & Linux.
- Knowledge and experience with MS Exchange administration, MS Teams & AD.
- Knowledge and experience working in a customer service, team-oriented, and collaborative environment.
- Skills with scripting languages such as Python, Powershell, or Bash.
- Skills with the design, implementation, and maintenance of Active Directory.
- Skills with various computer applications such as VMware vSphere, PRTG, Site24x7, TestCafe, Sensaphone, Prometheus, Cisco Prime, Network Management Systems, MRTG, Packet Sniffers, Solar Winds, DNS, DHCP, Syslog, SNMP, spreadsheets, database, internet tools, and performance monitoring tools.
- Skills with TCP/IP, application network protocols, firewall management, operating system configuration, anti-virus software, and relational databases.
- Skills with the installation, configuration, and maintenance of systems hardware including IPMI, RAID, and I/O topology.
- Skills with enterprise-level LAN and Wireless LAN, routers, switches, access points, radio frequencies, TCP/IP, IEEE 802.11 protocols, and electromagnetic interference.
- Ability to create a productive and positive environment for employees and students and provide meaningful feedback to support employee professional development.
- Ability to exercise effective interpersonal, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret technical documentation and procedures pertaining to network systems and application management.
- Ability to think logically, resolve problems, identify tasks, and develop project plans.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and requests based on the organizational goals and objectives. Ability to be self-motivated with a strong customer service orientation and a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate technical ideas and concepts to a technical and non-technical audience.
Graduation from an accredited institution with an Bachelors degree in Information Technology or related field, plus four years of work experience administering and maintaining of enterprise level IT systems; OR an associates degree in Information Technology or related field, plus Six years of work experience in Information Technology, four of which must be directly related to the administering and maintaining enterprise level IT systems; OR any combination of higher education and work experience totaling Eight years related to Information Technology, four of which must be directly related to the administering and maintaining of enterprise level IT systems. Also, successful completion within 6 months of employment of one current industry recognized certification that is directly related to the administering and maintaining enterprise level IT systems.
Lifting; raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. 10 - 25 pounds
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$53,223 - $88,883 DOE
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/27369
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |