Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Residential Operations Coordinator
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Residential Operations Coordinator
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Residential Operations Coordinator is a live-in professional responsible for the management of the graduate properties and all facilities operations aspects of the undergraduate residence halls, graduate houses, and contracted housing locations within the scope of the Residential Services Office. This position supervises the Graduate Housing Assistants that live within the associated graduate housing properties.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Given live-in nature of position; professional staff presence and support for day-to-day management of on campus housing
- Supervise the Graduate Housing Assistant paraprofessionals supporting the graduate housing properties
- Manage graduate housing email and communication around graduate housing availability and application process
- Serve as primary Residential Services staff member contact for Facilities regarding work orders, building walk throughs, cleaning coordination, etc
- Lead preparations and transitions between summer and academic year residents and pre-arrival programs, including late stay and early arrival processes.
- Assist with Residential Services major office processes (Housing Selection, Move In, Move Out, Key Management, ID Office, etc)
- Responsible for communication surrounding facilities issues, and student communication for all residential facilities under Residential Services Office
- Coordinate and facilitate health & safety inspections, fire drills, fire extinguisher and fire alarm inspections, and lodging license renewal & inspection process for all residential facilities under Residential Services Office
- Administer damage billing process for all residential facilities under Residential Services Office, including setting rates with input from various stakeholders
- Work with Assistant Director for selection and supervision of the ID Office work study students and Summer Conference Crew
- Liaison and point of contact with WPI Athletics regarding the rental agreement for the 67 Wachusett property
- Serve in Residential Services on call rotation with Community Director Staff
- Manage capital Residential Services projects as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's Degree in college student personnel, higher education administration or related area preferred. Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of two years of residence life experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and computer literacy required.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Residential-Operations-Coordinator_R0001449
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |