The Department of Chemical & Biological Engineering
) in the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS
) at the University at Buffalo seeks to fill a Facilities & Operations Coordinator
position. We are particularly looking for candidates who can operate effectively in a diverse community of students and faculty and share our vision of helping all constituents reach their full potential.
The primary purpose of this position is to support the department mission by providing the department with facilities and administrative support. The incumbent will work in collaboration with the department chair and the director of administration to provide technical support for faculty and staff tasks.The successful candidate will be expected to assume the following responsibilities:
- Facilities administration and planning
- Space Management
- Coordination of safety training and compliance
- Department Asset and Waste Disposal
- COVID-19 Safety Procedures
- Administrative tasks to support department operations
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the University at Buffalo will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.
- Bachelors Degree required, preferably in business, communications or related field.
- One year work experience.
- Strong background in independent project management
- Decision making working with multiple, varying, and time-sensitive constraints
- Highly professional written and verbal internal/external communications,
- Collaboration with and service of multiple audience