Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Director, Talent Management
In support of the University's mission to be a high quality educational and research institution, Human Resources supports the university community through a broad array of human capital and human resource services. Human Resources is committed to partnering with university leadership to establish and enhance organization effectiveness through creation of appropriate organizational structures and recruitment, retention, and development of talent to meet unit/department objectives. Working together in a spirit of continuous improvement and collaboration, the Human Resources team contributes to a progressive and productive work environment that meets the challenges of a changing world.
What You'll Do
The Director, Talent Management serves as an integral member of Human Resources working with leaders and teams across the university. Plays a key role in delivering one of HR’s key strategic initiatives of building manager and leader capabilities. Responsible for designing new university talent management processes including succession planning and talent reviews.
- Develops a talent management strategy that meets long-term business needs, leveraging internal and external expertise, research, and industry knowledge. Engages the community as part of strategy development. Collaboratively implements the strategy by applying progressive change management approaches to ensure the success of universitywide transformations.
- Leads the evaluation and evolution of the performance management process.
- Increases exceptional delivery of high-quality feedback and development plans, and meaningful outcomes following succession planning and talent review conversations.
- Creates a vision and plan for contemporary and blended learning and development that supports the talent and overall university strategy while leveraging the learning management system (LMS) capabilities.
- Continues with the development of career and learning tracks and solutions.
- Develops effective supplemental solutions in the areas of executive coaching, 360-degree feedback, mentoring
- Drives initiatives using change management processes.
- Collaborates with the Diversity Equity Inclusion & Justice (DEIJ) team to implement initiatives and programs that foster a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Leads the development and implementation of progressive talent practices and processes to deliver exceptional employee experiences that drive employee engagement strategy (eg. engagement survey).
- Assesses and builds specific and scalable learning and development solutions and programming in alignment with the talent strategy and specific client needs.
- Serves as a strategic advisor to leadership regarding talent and organizational effectiveness areas of opportunity.
- Develops measures to assess program and process effectiveness and metrics to assess organization health. Uses results to continuously improve programs and processes and to identify areas of opportunity for clients.
- Partners with university leaders and HR on a wide range of university transformation activities such as competencies and organizational effectiveness.
- Leads and transforms a team into a talent management function that collaborates with HR partners to identify where there are critical talent management gaps today and provide solutions by building content and programs.
What We're Looking For
Knowledge and skills typically acquired by:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience in lieu of degree
- 8+ years’ HR experience with 3+ years in a senior human resources leadership role overseeing Talent Management, Organizational Design/Effectiveness, and/or Learning and Development
- Track record of building high performing teams to achieve ambitious results
- Proven experience developing and driving successful talent and organizational effectiveness strategies and ensuring their implementation
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills with all levels of the organization including with the executive level
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, awareness of and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion; models inclusive leadership at all times by building diverse teams, building relationships with a variety of stakeholders, and working collaboratively with DEIJ leaders to an equity lens is woven into all talent solutions
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills (written and verbal); ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of the organization; ability to communicate effectively and navigate organizational interdependencies and relationships
- Ability to operate at both the strategic and tactical level, balancing best practices and innovation with organizational strategy, readiness, and market conditions
- Experience driving organizational change, project management, and/or executing against goals while managing expectations with multiple stakeholder groups
- Strong business acumen and strategic insight, as demonstrated by a clear ability to understand the broader strategy and market context of the business, identify its success drivers, and support them effectively through complementary talent strategies
- Ability to deliver results, work within ambiguity, and successfully manage unresolved situations, frequent changes, or unexpected events
- Subject matter expert or thought leader in talent development, learning and development or change management
- Strong analytical skills and ability to develop and track metrics; ability to use data or quality insights to solve problems, make decisions, or tell compelling stories
- Competence in financial acumen, budget management, and vendor management
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- May require travel to various campuses.
Minimum $146,500.00, Midpoint $183,150.00, Maximum $219,800.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |