The Office of University Communications and Marketing (UCM) has overall responsibility for marketing and brand management, media relations and content, producing various print and web publications and communications for the university. The office optimizes the coordination of strategies and programs for these areas. The Marketing and Branding group reports up to the VP of Communications and Marketing and produces a wide range of print and digital marketing – from event invitations to integrated marketing campaigns – across all schools and university-wide campaigns. The group comprises Marketing Strategy, Creative Services, and Digital Services and oversees the university’s marketing strategy, brand messaging, visual identity, and directs marketing and lead-generation campaigns to support awareness, enrollment, and fundraising efforts.
What You'll Do
The Director of Acquisition Marketing partners with the Chief Marketing Officer on overall acquisition strategies and campaigns to expand audiences, increase brand awareness, and support enrollment goals of select graduate and professional programs. Manages a portfolio of school-based and/or university-wide business partners to help develop and deliver on integrated marketing strategies that attract and convert prospects, maximizing campaign performance and ROI. Manages a team of two strategists, providing day-to-day support.
- Builds and sustains partnerships with stakeholders across UCM and schools to develop comprehensive marketing strategies and tactical plans that meet business goals and ensure that campaigns are maximized for ROI and conversion, adjusting tactics in response to data and response rates
- Provides leadership and direction for staff, conducting performance reviews, providing opportunities for growth and development, and effectively managing and communicating about job performance and improvement
- Remains current on trends in digital marketing, higher education, emerging technologies, best practices in communications and marketing, and the competitive landscape to maximize efficiencies and meet business goals
- Manages creative deliverables and external media agency to support campaigns
What We're Looking For
- B.A./B.S. in marketing, marketing communications, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in digital marketing and marketing communications, with strong understanding of enrollment funnel
- Proven track record as a relationship builder and thought leader
- Mastery of integrated marketing strategies and tactics across print, digital, and broadcast marketing and communication channels
- 5+ years of experience managing individuals and teams
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience managing and tracking budgets and KPIs
- Confident and engaging presenter who is comfortable in front of senior stakeholders and school/university leadership
- Master’s degree preferred
- Higher education experience a plus
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.