The School of Business at Stevens Institute of Technology is seeking an enthusiastic Digital Communications Specialist to help enhance the school’s websites, social media feeds, newsletters and advertising. This is a hybrid role based in Hoboken, NJ. This position is a six-month fixed term appointment.
Are you excited by websites, social media, and email marketing? Can you interview people about complex topics and write compelling stories? And then condense those stories into short, clickable posts?
You will be writing, publishing and maintaining high-quality multimedia content across the school's digital properties, with the goal of elevating the brand and reputation of the School of Business.
We are seeking a motivated self-starter who can bring new ideas, but also execute them with high attention to detail.
Please include an online portfolio in your resume. Include links to your work - websites, articles, social media posts, videos, ads, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Websites and Email management
- Help build and edit web pages
- Develop creative concepts and written text for email campaigns
- Track analytics for campaigns and use those results to improve performance with audiences
- Oversee campaigns run by external vendors
- Help manage the School of Business presence on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
- Generate content (text, pictures, video) for social media
- Grow audience numbers and engagement
- Stay on top of new features released by social media platforms
- In collaboration with colleagues, assist in the production of videos
- Help develop ideas and scripts, conduct on-camera interviews, work with an editor to cut the video with graphics and music
- Help distribute videos on YouTube, social channels, etc.
- Help coordinate photoshoots
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in creating engaging, mobile-friendly websites
- Knowledge of Drupal, Wordpress, Contently or other CMS
- Experience building an online community
- Proven ability to craft compelling content for marketing campaigns
- Knowledge of cross-platform digital analytics, especially Google Analytics
- Familiarity with business terms, fintech, investing, a plus
- Ability to set priorities and manage competing demands
- Please include an online portfolio in your resume. Include links to your work - websites, articles, social media posts, videos, ads, etc.
Applications and nominations will be accepted until the position is filled. Stevens Institute of Technology appreciates all applications but can only respond to qualified candidates.
Stevens values diversity and seeks candidates who can contribute to a welcoming climate for students, faculty, and staff of all races and genders. We are an NSF ADVANCE institution committed to equitable practices and policies and strongly encourage applications from qualified women and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.
School of Business Communications
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police