The Purchasing and Contracts department at the University at Buffalo is seeking a Staff Assistant who would be responsible for handling the purchasing of various commodities and services for the campus community utilizing various funding sources.
The successful candidate should be analytical and have strong communication skills. The selected individual should be able to communicate between departments and vendors in a timely fashion and become familiar with the State and RF purchasing guidelines. The selected candidate must be highly organized and detail oriented, with the ability to multi task. In this position, the candidate will perform a variety of purchasing duties to include:
- Purchasing of assigned commodities and services up to $125,000
- Provide assistance, guidance and training to university staff regarding the clarification of purchasing policies, procedures, practices, state laws and regulations
- Identify potential supplier for campus use; educate new suppliers on how to do business with the university
- Prepare communications as needed via Word and/or PowerPoint to end users
- Analyze data collected as needed to determine how to proceed with purchasing
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
A Bachelor’s degree with 0-1 year experience or an Associate’s degree with 2-3 years experience.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products and strong written and oral communications.
Prefer a Bachelor’s degree in Business Finance, Operations Management, and Supply Chain Management.