Police Officer - Public Safety
: Staff - Full-Time
Utah Valley University is seeking a full time police officer to join the team!
Responsible for performing sworn law enforcement duties. Patrols assigned area(s) to insure personal safety and provides protection and security to facilities. Investigates accidents, complaints, disturbances, and law violations. Secures crime scenes and collects and preserves evidence. Directs traffic. Pursues, apprehends, and arrests law violators and suspected law violators. Issues traffic warnings and citations. Controls crowds during special events, catastrophes, riots, and demonstrations.
Graduation from a standard senior high school or the equivalent AND P.O.S.T graduate. Applicant must be currently Certified Law Enforcement Officer or certifiable as a State of Utah Law Enforcement Officer. Applicants with contingent offer will be subjected to a psychological test and thorough background check.
Valid drivers license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Utah Code, local laws, and ordinances.
- Knowledge of investigative tactics, information sources, and productive line of inquiry.
- Skills in the use of firearms.
- Interpersonal, problem-solving, and decision making skills.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle in high speed, pursuit situations, and in adverse conditions while maintaining a safe operation.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to work effectively in highly stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain control when others may seem to be not in control.
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to run and walk around campus to protect all personnel and property.
Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day. Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$35,188 - $43,985 annually
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
Please list a minimum of three references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/13920
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.