Under general direction, provide a variety of administrative support to the Chief Business Officer of the Prescott Campus. Assist the Chief Business Officer by coordinating daily department activities in which he/she has responsibilities and interest.
Provide back-up contract management support, conduct research, collect and analyze data, produce reports. Provide additional resource support for special projects and workload issues in other departments (as needed). Professionally work with Executive Management from ERAU and other executives of large companies.
Essential Job Functions, Duties, or Accountabilities:
1. 15% Budget Manager for Business Office and Property Rental cost centers. Reconcile purchasing card and monthly budgets. Manage and maintain the Business Office budget, as well as assist with the input of the Prescott campus budget(s) into Oracle.
2. 15% Provide assistance and support with Facilities & Contract administration. Take notes, submit work orders and maintain spreadsheets for monthly campus walk-abouts, reconcile to the Work Order Mgt. system. Manage business office vehicles.
3. 15% Serve as ‘assistant contracts administrator’, filling in as needed. Assist other departments which have included: the Bookstore, processing purchasing requisitions, Spruance House scheduling, and Cashiers Office. Assist other department managers with budgets, expense reports, purchasing requisitions, scheduling meetings, reservations, etc.
4. 15% Act independently in completion of several key administrative / support functions for the campus, including: Prepare the yearly License Renewal for the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education. Process UHI weekly fuel billing. Posting and maintaining Campus Wallpaper.
5. 20% Direct administrative support for the Chief Business Officer. Manage calendar. Plan events. Make travel arrangements, including airfare, car rental, hotel reservations, and maintain itinerary. Take meeting minutes/notes and publish when required. Current examples of meetings: Campus Support Staff Meeting, Space Committee Meeting, Sodexo Contract Review, Summer Services, etc. Performance reviews, filing, correspondence, composes letters, memoranda, communications and report replying to inquiries and/or presenting / requesting information when appropriate.
6. 20% Greet visitors; answers phones, provides/receives information requiring considerable knowledge of the organization and judgment regarding the Business Office. Keep the Chief Business Officer informed as applicable.
High school (or GED) level ability in spelling, grammar, basic composition, and math and 3-5 work related experience.
Required knowledge, skills, abilities:
Analytical skills with an in depth knowledge of information systems and technical expertise with Microsoft operating systems, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook/email, and Internet end-user applications.
Ability to resolve problems / prevent issues from escalating.
Work independently with minimal supervision and excellent interpersonal communication skills to interact with Campus / University officials, managers, students and staff; government / private agencies, and the general public.
Problem resolution ability to resolve parent and student complaints / issues with minimal supervision.
Office management and work-flow administration skills on an executive level of professionalism.
Preferred qualifications: Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Business