The Office of Alumni Affairs is seeking an Analyst I for the Alumni Accounting Department. This position will provide financial support for the Office of Alumni Affairs and the Auburn Alumni Association (a 501 c 3 Non-Profit Organization).
1. Audits and processes invoices on behalf of the Auburn Alumni Association. This includes making the determination of calculating applicable use tax and/or 1099 status. This position also calculates and prepares tax remittances for sales and rental taxes.
2. Communicates with Auburn University’s Payment and Business Procurement department in order to stay abreast with the University’s policies and system for voucher processing.
3. Oversees the revenue transactions received by the Auburn Alumni Association including but not limited to: membership contributions, donor gifts, advertisement fees, rental fees, and event registration. The position is responsible for managing the work-flow of the revenue transactions and preparing a daily reconciliation of revenue processed.
4. Performs accounting duties such as journal entry preparation, answer budget questions from staff members, assist with the budget preparation, year-end audit work papers that are audited by the Association’s independent accounting firm, and preparation of the Association’s 990, 990-T work papers.
5. Performs other duties as determined by the supervisor for special projects.