The role of the New England Regional Biosafety Laboratory (NERBL) is to support advanced infectious disease research. The NERBL provides biocontainment laboratory and animal accommodation facilities to investigators from academia as well as industry partners engaged in the development a validation of preventives and interventions targeted to infectious disease.
What You'll Do
The candidate must be willing to be trained to enter BSL2 and BSL3 laboratory and vivarium spaces. This position will:
- Contribute to the daily operations of the NERBL, including the safe disposal of microbiological and animal waste.
- Assist with animal cage turnover as needed
- Assist in routine monitoring, operation, and maintenance of building infrastructure systems.
- The incumbent will work closely with the Facility Operations Manager.
- Assist with grant preparation as needed (i.e., assist with obtaining quotes, determining equipment needs)
This description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Employee may perform other duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
What We're Looking For
- High School diploma or equivalent with 5+ years of related experience.
- Should be comfortable using Microsoft Windows programs including Word, Excel, Power point, e-mail network.
- Position involves heavy lifting (with accommodation); frequent pushing and pulling of heavy equipment; standing for long periods; climbing several sets of stairs multiple times a day carrying various pieces of equipment or supplies. Use of standard tools (Hammer, socket wrench, saws, etc.).
- Operate pallet jacks, dollies, scissor lifts.
- Related Bachelor’s Degree, familiarity with research settings.
- Must be medically fit to use N95, PAPR, or other respirator
- Mechanical aptitude and/or small equipment repair experience is desirable.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- Extended hours, Weekends and Holiday hours may be required
- Assist in critical alarm response for building alarms after hours and weekends/holidays.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity