The Auburn University Office of the Chief Information Security Officer, reporting to the Office of the Chief Information Officer, is seeking applicants for a Cybersecurity Engineer. Under general supervision, responsible for the planning, engineering, developing, implementing, and compliance monitoring of organization-wide information security though the use of security tools. Performs analysis to ensure security controls are consistently implemented, integrating new technology with IT security standards; developing and executing plans for monitoring, assessing, and verifying security controls across all major information systems; and developing, evaluating, and exercising IT survivability and contingency plans to protect the University’s information assets. This role will be responsible for the maintenance and management security tools, tuning security appliances, and Linux server maintenance. This position is also responsible for maintenance, management, and campus roll out of campus cyber security program. Other cybersecurity duties may be assigned as needed.
1. Assists in ensuring information security policies and procedures are followed.
2. Supports and participates in SOC engineering efforts such as tool and data integration, reporting, development of automation, and evaluation of new technologies.
3. Assists as backup or co-lead for other cybersecurity areas as assigned.
4. Oversees Cybersecurity Awareness and Security Training (primary).
5. Tunes and participates in End Point Protection
6. Tunes and participates in Data Loss Prevention
7. Assists with communication, reporting, and alerting on general information security issues as well as on specific assignments within Information Security tool sets.
8. Security tool tuning and maintenance.
9. Works with vendors to resolve security problems and develops infrastructure solutions.
10. Implements new technology deployments and integration testing.
11. Assists in incident response efforts.
12. May perform other related duties as assigned by the CISO or Cybersecurity Manager.