The Staff Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day, monthly, and year-end operations of the Accounting / Finance Department within University Facilities. This includes supporting short and long term planning and the formulation / implementation of policies and procedures.
- Recommend solutions; resolve short and long term operational / transactional issues.
- Support in maintaining necessary internal controls, conducting reviews and other duties as assigned to ensure the strategic objectives of the department are achieved.
- Support the planning and preparation of departmental budgets. This includes assisting in the creation of reports (including ad-hock reports), trend analysis and variances in activity.
- Monitor expenditures against procurement spend budgets. Alert supervisor of potential overages; make recommendations for remediation.
- Support the Senior Staff Accountant in analyzing material variances against approved budgets.
- Oversee account, procurement card or other data reconciliations and analysis as assigned.
- Provide full accounts payable support, including review and voucher of invoices for payment, verification of expense coding, verification of proper approvals and supporting documentation.
- Respond to planned or unforeseen emerging issues / circumstances. Recommend solutions and resolve short and long term operational / transactional issues escalated from employees, audits, etc.
- Supervise staff member(s). This includes assigning / setting work priorities and objectives in accordance with established policies and procedures.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Associate degree with 2 or more years of experience or Bachelor’s degree with no experience.
Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Attention to detail and ability to competently multi-task and work independently with little supervision.