Student Account Specialist III
The Student Account Specialist provides customer service to students and parents and other University Offices. Responsible for answering all in person and telephone inquiries regarding all aspects of student billing including payments, financial aid/award payments and related institutional policies. Assist in the collection of delinquent account receivables. Provide backup for Billing-Customer Service Manager and Teller Area in Bursar's Office.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer inquiries regarding all aspects of the student bill. This requires maintaining a clear working knowledge of the registration, assessment, financial assistance and billing processes.
- Collection of delinquent account receivables Initiate telephone calls and/or letters requesting payment and notating actions on the student account file.
- Research and resolve student account issues/problems by contacting the appropriate department or person. This involves follow-up until the student/parent has received the correct, appropriate response.
- Assist manager with various reports and analysis of student accounts.
- Perform additional duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
Special Message to Applicants
- High School diploma required and strong math skills desired.
- 3+ years work experience with heavy emphasis in customer service.
- High aptitude for figures and ability to maintain accuracy in a fast paced atmosphere.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Good analytical and math skills.
- Ability to maintain a professional manner in stressful and emotional situations.
- Operative experience with personal computers.
- Basic office software and standard office equipment.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, good analytical and math skills and ability to maintain a professional manner in stressful and emotional situations.
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information:
Commensurate with experience.
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/14012
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.