The Mathematics Department in the College of Arts and Sciences at the University at Buffalo is seeking an Office Assistant 2. This is a integral administrative role supporting this mission of the department. It is also a customer service oriented position and requires the incumbent to provide excellent customer service to various populations.
The critical administrative tasks include but are not limited to:
- You will serve as the primary administrator of the department’s main office. This includes greeting customers and answering phones.
- You will hire, train and supervise work study students in the main office.
- You will coordinate all department textbook ordering to include functioning as the department liaison between the book publishers and current faculty.
- You will assist the Associate Chair with TA and GA assignments each semester
- You will manage the departments copier contracts, service calls and meter readings
- You will maintain the departments google calendars along with conference room calendars
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Departmental Operating Needs
1. Transfer Eligibility Requirement: You must have a current permanent appointment with a minimum of 1 year of service in a position of the same title or transferable title.
2. Reassignment Requirement: You must hold the same title at the University at Buffalo.
3. Reinstatement Requirement: You must be a former state employee to request reinstatement to the title that was held (or a transferable title).
ALL APPLICANTS MUST MEET AT LEAST ONE OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS. ANY APPLICATIONS RECEIVED THAT DO NOT MEET AT LEAST ONE OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED UNQUALIFIED AND WILL BE DISCARDED.
A completed application is required to be considered for this position. If you have received a canvass letter, DO NOT APPLY for this position. you must apply to the web address provided on your canvass letter.
Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) preferred. Familiarity with University systems: SIRI, UBLearns, and HUB. Incumbent should be self-directed, customer service oriented, possess excellent communication and computer skills, and maintain professionalism and confidentiality.
Salary Range $36,772
Work Days Monday – Friday
Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Campus North Campus
Special Instructions Summary
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact’s Name Nicole Hayden
Contact’s Title HR Specialist
Contact’s Email email@example.com
Contact’s Phone 716-645-2711