University of Idaho
$20.50 per hour or higher depending on education and experience
This position provides support to the Payroll Manager by ensuring payroll system integrity, reporting data regularly to interested users, serving customers by providing advice and guidance on FLSA regulations and classification issues, interpreting and applying eligibility guidelines for the State Retirement program, providing training, assisting with other payroll functional areas, and providing back up for the Payroll Manager. They will interpret and apply laws, policies and procedures independently while partnering with other departments and benefit providers.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of directly related experience and/or education totaling at least 3 years.
- Three years progressively responsible accounting experience.
- Experience applying basic accounting theory; principles; techniques; payroll process and procedures.
- Experience with governmental fund accounting; and computerized accounting systems.
- Experience communicating with faculty, staff, governmental agencies and other outside parties.
- Experience interpreting, applying and explaining payroll laws and regulations.
- Previous experience in a responsible college or university accounting position.
- College level courses and/or experience in data processing systems applications and CPP.
- Experience with computerized payroll systems.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Work schedule may include evenings or weekends when necessary to accomplish work requirements.
Open Until Filled:
Open until filled with first consideration date of September 4, 2019.
Applicants should address how they meet all required qualifications and any applicable preferred qualifications in the letter of qualification.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.