For the College of Veterinary Medicine, this position will develop or assist in the development of complex project proposals, plans, and protocols; conduct non-routine experiments, investigations, and/or studies related to diabetes research; coordinate logistics of research to include equipment, materials, and labor needs; collect samples/data related to others’ research and in complex cases; record, compile, process and analyze data/samples.
1) Planning, maintaining, and completing complex research programs and/or projects in the lab.
2) Maintaining, managing, and organizing lab stocks.
3) Helping establish baseline lab operations and safety protocols in accordance with regulatory requirements.
4) Coordinating setup and management of lab equipment including facilitating access to other labs’ personnel for shared equipment.
5) Overseeing training of students both undergraduate and graduate when they first start in the lab.
6) Developing experimental designs and performing data collection/analysis.