Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Grants and Contracts Administrator
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Grants and Contracts Administrator
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
This position will serve as a primary coordinator of pre-award business functions for faculty/researchers within WPI
This position performs pre-award duties with limited direct supervision.
Proposal Development and Submission
Communication, Outreach and Training
- Working in close partnership with faculty helps with the development of proposals to funding agencies including those with multiple partners and complex budgets.
- Develops budget justifications, current and pending support information, certifications, assurances, narratives, and other required proposal components.
- Reviews proposals to be submitted electronically to external sponsors (including federal, state, foundation, and corporate sponsors) to determine proposal are completed in accordance with University policies and sponsor guidelines.
- Provides important feedback and advice to faculty and staff on various aspects of proposal development and submission.
- Coordinates final submission of proposal to funding agency.
- With the approval of the Board of Trustees, serves as Authorized Organizational Representative
- Participates in and assists in the development, implementation, and presentation of training.
- Assists with the communication and outreach efforts of the office including writing blog posts and participating in meetings and events.
Management and Process Improvement
- Liaises with other departments affiliated with research enterprise (such as the Research Solutions Institute, General Counsel, Intellectual Property, Sponsored Programs Accounting, and the Vice Provost for Research) and funding agencies to resolve problems, ensure compliance, and/or obtain approval for deviation from award specifications (e.g. project extensions, re-budgeting, carry-forward requests, change of PI or PI transfers, reduction in effort by key personnel, change in project scope, approval for pre-award costs, etc.).
- Assists with the development, implementation, and evaluation of OSP pre-award processes, procedures and policies.
- Oversees the training, project activities, and over-all management of the work study students, including: assisting with interviews, scheduling, conducting initial onboarding training, managing day-to-day logistics and resolving workflow issues.
- Coordinates the review and negotiation of sponsor award and subaward documents with the Director of OSP, and other parties as necessary.
- Familiarity with Research Enterprise Systems, such as: Workspace/Grants.Gov, Fastlane, Research.Gov, EBrap, NASA NSPIRES, ERAcommons,
- Familiarity with Uniform Guidance, FARS/DFARS
- Familiarity with federal agencies such as: NASA, NSF, NIH and affiliate agencies, DARPA, DOD and affiliate agencies.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Must be highly organized, have effective time-management and organizational skills; ability to deal with multiple tasks, prioritize, and follow-through.
- Ability to think critically, flexibly and analytically.
- Ability to work independently and as member of a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office and computer skills required, as well as familiarity with data bases.
- Ability to communicate effectively using tact and discretion in a customer-service environment.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Grants-and-Contracts-Administrator_R0000469
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |