Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Graduate Tax Program Coordinator
Graduate Tax Program Coordinator
241-Law School Instruction
The Graduate Tax Program Coordinator will be responsible for and involved with the overall operational and administrative support of the campus and online Graduate Tax Program. The areas of responsibility will include Program Operations, Student Support Services, Faculty Support and Graduate Tax Office Administration.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Graduate Tax Program (GTP) Operations. The Program Coordinator will support and assist the Director in operational aspects of the GTP, including recruiting of students, admission and enrollment processing, registration of students and course scheduling. The Program Coordinator will work closely with other University offices, such as the bursar, registrar and the financial aid office. In addition, responsibilities will include assisting in preparing academic calendars and class schedules, and planning and coordinating GTP events, such as CLE/CPE seminars and Tax Symposia.
- GTP Student Support Services. The Program Coordinator will manage and coordinate student pre-registration events and inquiries; supervise the application and registration process (working closely with the Bursar and Registrar); assist students with drop/add, course withdrawal, transfer credits, etc; provide new student orientation session; counsel students about curriculum requirements and course selection; manage the exam and grading process and work with faculty and the Registrar to ensure administration of exams, and posting of grades in a timely manner; maintain student files and manage the student records system; audit and monitor academic progress of students; recommend outstanding students for various awards and scholarships; and perform degree audits to ensure that students have completed all requirements for graduation.
- GTP Faculty Support. The Program Coordinator will support and assist adjunct faculty in the delivery of their courses; conduct course evaluations and distribute evaluations to graduate tax faculty; compile textbook orders each semester and transmit to the bookstore for ordering; process CLE and CPE requests forms and credit for students and adjunct faculty.
- Graduate Tax Office Administration: The Program Coordinator will maintain and uphold a consistently professional, courteous and student friendly GTP office atmosphere; answer and respond in a timely fashion to phone calls, emails and other correspondence; maintain paper and electronic files in an efficient, organized and confidential manner; supervise evening work study students; and manage and update databases. Assist with uploading documents, posting announcements and other functions in the Learning Management System as needed. Provide clerical support to the Director as needed.
- Bachelors degree
- 5 years relevant experience
- In-depth functional knowledge and expertise in the area of academic graduate programs
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Professional demeanor
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and experience with database programs
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- Experience working in higher education
- Experience with Banner
- Experience using SLATE or another client relationship database
Special Message to Applicants
- Some evening hours required for events and exam proctoring.
Applications must include contact information for 3 references.
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information:
Commensurate with experience
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/15413
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |