The Graduate School of Education at the University at Buffalo, SUNY invites applications for a Grants Specialist. Reporting to and working closely with the Associate Dean of Research (ADR) and faculty, the Grants Specialist manages all aspects of pre-award administration including opportunity identification, proposal preparation, and proposal budgeting. The Grants Specialist is responsible for providing guidance with proposal preparation, proposal review and submission, award review and negotiation, and post award support as needed. The Grants Specialist brings together a broad range of knowledge and experience in support of a portfolio of school and department research programs (ranging from small to large and diverse in subject area) and ensures compliance with university and sponsor policies and procedures.
Broad Areas of Responsibility Include:
* Primary contact for grant active faculty to assist and support pre-award processes with topics such as budget preparation and justification, cost share, IDC rates, sub-awards, institutional information, and proofreading proposals.
* Develop templates and a library of pre-award information and resources related to:
* Sponsor policies, practices, and procedures.
* Links for and updates to relevant internal and external policies and procedures.
* Development and delivery of training to faculty, staff, and students on pre-award topics.
* Act as a liaison between the school and central offices and sponsors to ensure compliance with internal and external requirements.
* Project management approach to meet deadlines and a complete a review of the proposal to determine feasibility, eligibility, and appropriateness prior to submission.
The Graduate School of Education at the University at Buffalo is an inclusive community engaged in ground-breaking research and teaching across education, human development and information science that improves educational, social and economic opportunities for individuals and communities. We are committed to creating an equitable, diverse, inclusive, and just community of faculty, students, staff, and administrators where all feel welcomed, included, supported, empowered.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
The University at Buffalo is New York State's largest and most comprehensive public university. A premier center for graduate and professional education, UB is a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities, placing it among the leading research-intensive public universities in the United States with faculty acknowledged in the U.S. and abroad as leaders in their fields.
The University at Buffalo is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic university community committed to teaching and working in an affirming, just, and inclusive environment. Potential applicants, who share this goal, including veterans and individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.