The University at Buffalo Libraries seek an articulate, dynamic, detail-oriented professional to provide executive support to the Office of the Vice Provost including direct support to the Vice Provost for University Libraries (VPUL). As a highly visible staff member in the Office of the Vice Provost, the Executive Assistant serves as a primary liaison with all areas of the libraries, the university and a wide range of individuals including staff from the offices of the president, provost, vice provosts, vice presidents, deans, faculty and external constituents. The successful candidate will exercise sound and independent judgement in support of the Vice Provost; build strong and cooperative relationships with the University community; perform tasks and responsibilities that maximize the effectiveness of the Vice Provost; and independently manage the day-to-day workflow and projects within the Office of the Vice Provost.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing complex, varied and confidential administrative functions in support of the VPUL.
- Prioritizing and addressing activities of the office and working as a liaison between the VPUL and Libraries’ personnel and between the VPUL and individuals from the university’s administrative offices and diverse groups of external constituents.
- Providing budget management of the VPUL’s Office operating budget including monitoring spending, oversight of expenditures and preparing appropriate financial reports.
- Assisting in the coordination, implementation, and completion of projects established by the VPUL and the Office of the VPUL, maintaining project plans that track tasks and milestone dates.
- Creating and maintaining reports that effectively communicate the status of projects to a variety of stakeholders and project teams.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We would like the Executive Assistant to have these minimum skills, abilities, and education:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, with advanced knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, including verbal and written, active listening and critical thinking.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in higher education with the ability to support and enhance a diverse learning and working environment.
- Able to communicate clearly and respectfully with diverse populations including faculty, senior leadership, staff, students, alumni and guests.
- Possess high attention to detail and display accuracy in all areas of responsibility.
- Able to handle restricted and sensitive information in accordance with library and university policies and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Possess a strong sense of accountability and be self-motivated. Must be able to work independently with minimal direction and exhibit good judgment.
- Able to prioritize workload and complete multiple projects simultaneously within expected deadlines.
- Possess and display a high-level of customer service to all constituents.
- Able and committed to learning new skills as needed.
We would be excited to know if you have the following preferred experience:
- Experience providing executive support in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with University at Buffalo policies, procedures, and/or administrative systems.
- Experience with project management software.
- Experience with program development/event planning.
- Familiarity with Associated Press Stylebook and the AP style of writing.
Salary Range $42,651 – $48,000
Campus North Campus
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants should describe their qualifications and experience in their cover letter with specific reference to the minimum qualifications of the position. At the time of hire, applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for a period of at least two years. We are currently accepting applications and anticipate filling this position by October 31, 2019.