The Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University provides 24-hour care for pets 365 days of the year. Since 1985, we have offered high quality medical care, consultation, referral and emergency veterinary services for the care of dogs, cats and exotic pets. In addition, the hospital creates a positive learning experience for Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University students and student technicians with regard to small animal ECC medicine and supports the training of specialized ECC technicians.
What You'll Do
This position qualifies for a $2,000 sign on bonus following successful completion of 6 months of employment for newly hired employees.
The Veterinary Technician works as part of an integrated clinical care team to provide high quality nursing care to inpatient, outpatient, critically ill and emergent patients. In addition, the Veterinary Technician supervises and instructs veterinary students on each rotation.
What We're Looking For
- Associates Degree in Veterinary Technology or a high school diploma (or the equivalent) with at least one year of related experience.
- CVT or licensure eligible.
- Comprehensive understanding of medical terminology and familiarity with veterinary pharmacology.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities for several patients within a busy clinical setting.
- Technical abilities such as patient restraint, venipuncture, fluid administration, medication administration, monitoring and treating patients.
- Ability to effectively work as a member of a diverse team of clinical and administrative professionals.
- Basic computer skills including the ability to learn the electronic medical record system.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodation.
- Bachelors Degree in Veterinary Technology preferred. Four or more years of ECC veterinary medicine experience preferred.
- Credentialed as a Certified Veterinary Technician
- Exotic animal handling skills desirable.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- The schedule for this position may include providing University and calendar holiday coverage on a rotating basis.
- The schedule for this position may include evening and weekend hours.
- The schedule for this position requires flexibility to insure that adequate patient care is provided without interruption or exception.
- This position is considered essential and is therefore required to report to work as scheduled during emergency closings.