Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Librarian (One or More)
South Orange County Community College District
The successful candidate must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Master’s degree in library science, library and information science OR the equivalent from an accredited college or university; OR
2. Valid California Community College instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990), OR
3. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of item 1 above. (Applicants making application on the basis of equivalency must submit the Supplemental Application for Equivalency Determination form in addition to all other required materials).
- Minimum of two (2) years recent professional experience in an academic library (preferably in community college); or
- For recent library school graduates, a specialization in library instruction and/or academic librarianship.
- Evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Preference will be given to those candidates demonstrating a high level of professional expertise on the basis of:
- Degree from an A.L.A. accredited college or university.
- Knowledge of current teaching pedagogies and experience designing and implementing active learning activities.
- Commitment to student-centered library services.
- Knowledge of information competency instruction, in person and online.
- Knowledge of print and electronic information resources and services.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues and trends pertaining to libraries including OER, copyright, equity, and student success.
- Ability to work collaboratively with library staﬀ, faculty, and administrators.
- Knowledge of current technology applications relevant to library services and instruction.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills for multiple audiences.
- Experience in reference and instruction services in an academic library to a diverse patron community.
- Ability to use and adapt to a range of technologies/software.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Saddleback College is seeking a self-motivated and energetic librarian to collaborate across the college that is responsive to student equity and faculty needs and promotes new models for student success. The candidate should demonstrate experience in teaching and working with individuals from diverse backgrounds to contribute to our mission and vision. All librarians perform multiple roles including public service, user instruction and coordination of the operational area, as well as other professional responsibilities in the library and in the college.
- Provide in-person and online reference, research assistance, and instruction to students and faculty.
- Participate in collection development activities through the assessment, selection and deselection of materials for print and electronic resources.
- Participate in college‐wide activities.
- Assist with the creation of new LibGuides, and with the review and maintenance of the existing LibGuides.
- Serve on college committees and participate in college‐wide governance.
- Maintain current knowledge in the subject‐matter.
- Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics.
- Participate in general faculty functions in relation to the educational program, in‐service programs and professional development.
- Work collaboratively and collegially with other full-time and part-time faculty, staﬀ, and administrators to meet students’ needs.
- Assignment may include evening and/or weekend hours.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |