Financial Analyst (7708U) 27453 - 1082
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: August 20, 2019
This position plays a key role in financial services and control for the diverse set of units under the Vice Chancellor for Undergraduate Education (VCUE). Units under VCUE include Research, Teaching and Learning, Student Learning Center, Berkeley Connect, American Cultures Center, Athletic Study Center and Arts + Design Initiative. It involves developing, interpreting and implementing financial concepts for financial planning, resource planning (dollars), and control of organizational budget. May analyze and prepare recommendations for financial plans, including annual resource allocations, future requirements, and operating forecasts.
- Applies professional concepts to perform basic financial or resource analysis to understand past performance and determine present and future performance and/or resource allocations Provides analytical support for simple to moderate budget, financial or resource analysis projects. Prepares basic financial and resource reports and/or analysis for internal department constituents. Works with the unit directors to provide monthly and/or quarterly budget report for the small departments within the division. Gathers and analyzes financial and/or resource data; prepares and summarizes information and/or recommendations.
- Receives more detailed instructions for new assignments.
- Preliminary analysis and implementation of department budget allocations including department chart of accounts and related business processes. Provides inputs on improvement of business processes to enhance efficiencies.
- Handles all divisional and departmental processes relating to departmental transfers (financial journals), Travel & Entertainment reimbursement and procurement, working with contacts within the Campus Shared Services.
- Knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Has ability to gather, organize, and perform basic financial analysis assignments.
- Requires ability to present information in a clear and concise manner both in writing and verbally.
- Must be proficient in use of Microsoft Office and common desktop/web applications.
- Has ability to multi-task and manage dynamic workload of changing priorities.
- Has ability to work with diverse clientele.
- Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Salary & Benefits
The hourly salary range of the position is $26.53 - $35.00, commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=1082&PostingSeq=1