The University of North Texas (UNT) Student Health and Wellness center is a full service medical center offering general wellness and specialty medical care to all UNT students. The Student Health and Wellness Center is staffed with licensed physicians, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, certified lab technologists, psychiatrists, registered nurses, registered dietitians, radiology technicians, and massage therapists.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
The Health & Wellness Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Medical Coding & Billing Specialist to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to: * Verifying patient insurance. * Explaining insurance benefits to patients. * Rotations through Check-In and Check-Out.
Additional Posting Details
High school diploma/GED equivalent and three years of general office or clerical experience. Substitution of education for experience allowed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to problem-solve and make decisions.
- Skill in recording and compiling material for reports.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Experience with filing medical insurance claims, working denials, and posting insurance payments.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, CPT, ICD10CM and HCPCS coding.
- Ability to professionally handle clients in stressful situations with empathy and composure.