Would you like to receive more jobs like this via email?
If you'd like, Academic Keys can email you similar job openings. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Don't want to subscribe? That's OK too!
Would you like to receive more jobs like this via email?
Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Senior Staff Assistant for Administration and the Office of the VPUL
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The University at Buffalo Libraries
seek a confident and self-directed professional to perform tasks and responsibilities aimed at maximizing the effectiveness of the Vice Provost for University Libraries (VPUL
) and operations of the Office of the VPUL
. The Senior Staff Assistant
for Administration and the Office of the VPUL
is a highly visible representative of the University Libraries and will diplomatically interact with all levels of internal and external personnel on matters that may include sensitive and highly confidential information. Under the direction of the Associate University Librarian for Administration and Distinctive Collections,
this individual will be required to understand the priorities of the VPUL
in order to independently and proactively manage day-to-day workflows and projects, ensuring that items requiring attention and follow-up are completed in a timely manner.
As the Senior Staff Assistant for Administration and the Office of the VPUL
, your primary duties will include:
Administrative Oversight and Information Management
- Serving as an advisor to the VPUL, strives to continuously improve operations and takes responsibility for administrative matters, as delegated.
- Responding to inquiries received by the Office of the VPUL, interpreting and applying relevant policies and procedures, forwarding to appropriate staff and faculty members for resolution while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Acting a liaison between the VPUL, executive staff, department heads and the offices of the president, provost, vice provosts, vice presidents and deans; manages confidential communications and activities between the VPUL and other senior leaders.
Scheduling and Event Management
- Coordinating complex meeting arrangements involving both internal and external constituents, including securing appropriate meeting space, developing meeting agendas, presentations, and supporting documents, taking care to ensure correspondence is appropriate for the intended audience or event.
- Managing an actively changing and intricate calendar and appointment schedule, including national and international travel arrangements.
- Assisting with the implementation, monitoring and completion of projects, sharing in setting work priorities and objectives, and maintaining project plans that track tasks and milestone dates.
- Providing oversight for the office budget by monitoring spending throughout the fiscal year, providing reports, processing and reconciling procurement card transactions, and preparing reimbursements.
- Ensuring that the Office of the VPUL is a clean, welcoming environment conducive to professional activities while diplomatically interacting with a diverse group of internal and external callers and visitors.
- Hiring, training and supervising student assistants assigned with providing administrative support to the Office of the VPUL.
- Managing general office needs including ordering supplies, maintaining office equipment and communicating with University Libraires IT to resolve more complex phone or computer issues.
- Monitor organizational social media channel discussions and identify problematic content.
We invite individuals to apply whose perspectives and experiences will enrich and strengthen our organization. The library serves an increasingly diverse constituency of patrons, and our employees, services, collections, and policies should honor and reflect this diversity. We encourage candidates who thrive in a welcoming multicultural environment to apply.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
.About the University Libraries
SUNY’s largest academic research library offers an outstanding array of information resources, technologies, services, and people to support academic achievement. The Libraries play a vital role in the academic success of our students, the teaching and research of our faculty, and the intellectual pursuits of our alumni and community members. Our broad selection of digital and print resources, innovative services, and expert staff support scholarly and creative achievements in new and exciting ways.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Two years of experience providing executive-level support in a complex and fast-paced environment.
- Previous success managing projects including tracking tasks and milestone dates. Must have the ability to meet deliverables and take ownership of project outcomes.
- Previous success working independently with minimal direction. Must possess a strong sense of accountability, be self-motivated and exhibit good judgment.
- Experience managing an actively changing and intricate calendar including the coordination of appointments with internal and external constituents and overseeing complex travel arrangements.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion with the ability to support and enhance a diverse learning and working environment.
- Experience with event planning and logistics.
- Experience managing an office budget, including ordering supplies and processing and reconciling transactions.
- Familiarity with the operations of a higher education environment and working with faculty and staff.
- Familiarity with University at Buffalo policies, procedures, and administrative systems.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |