Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is a university-wide service organization committed to delivering technology solutions in support of Tufts’ mission of teaching, learning, research, innovation, and sustainability. With staff across all of Tufts’ campuses, as well as a 24x7 IT Service Desk, we collaborate with schools and divisions to meet the demands of a global, mobile community. We promote a collaborative, flexible work environment, embrace diversity and inclusion, and encourage personal and professional development. Learn more about TTS on our website. IT.TUFTS.EDU
This position is hybrid and will be required to be within driving distance of our campus periodically for in-person engagements. Advanced notice will be provided in these situations
What You'll Do
The Project Manager will work closely with the Director and other IT project managers for the project management of various IT projects within the TTS EAPPM portfolio. This position is responsible for all phases of the projects, including planning, design, execution, monitoring/controlling and closing. Responsibilities could also include managing the process of selecting third-party vendors or implementation partners. In addition, this position will maintain the overall project schedule, manage communications, resources, budgets, project plans, risks, issues, assumptions and perform mitigation activities, manage all stakeholders involved, provide key project metrics when needed, coordinate with other TTS and Tufts IT groups.
What We're Looking For
• Skills and knowledge typically acquired through a Bachelor’s degree in a related field with at least 3- 5 years of IT project management experience or High School diploma with 10 years of profession experience in IT with at least 3-5 years of IT project management experience.
• Experience working on IT related projects ; full understanding of the software implementation life-cycle
• Demonstrated experience in leading an implementation in partnership with a 3rd party service vendor
• Demonstrated ability to work across multiple business and IT departments and foster a sense of team
• Must have the ability to establish project standards and manage a team according to those standards
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills with direct experience managing communications with senior leadership, project sponsors, stakeholders and software vendors
• Demonstrated ability to effectively facilitate and lead complex and mission critical focus group/business design sessions
• Experience in identifying, recommending, and changing business processes
• Project Management Institute (PMI) Certification in PMP
• Experience working with data conversion and consolidation from disparate systems
• Experience in higher education or research-based sectors