Reporting to the Assistant AD/Director of Football Operations, and ultimately the Head Coach of Football, this position manages internal operations of the football program and is a vital part of assisting the Head Football Coach adhere to Bylaw 22.214.171.124 Responsibility of the Head Coach by communicating, monitoring and documenting compliance matters that occur within the program.
Duties and Responsibilities (generally)
This position has responsibilities involving all aspects of oversight of all media & audio/visual needs utilized by the football program in the department of Intercollegiate Athletics. This employee will be responsible for and knowledgeable of daily student athlete support, video editing production, including all related computer/server systems, social media, marketing, graphic design, and logistical organization and leadership for team/staff functions.
Minimum Required Qualifications for this position
- Bachelor’s degree
- One (1) year of work experience in video editing in college football
Education and Experience Preferred
- Master’s degree
- Minimum 1 year experience with NCAA Division I football
- Minimum 2 years DV Sports Editing experience preferably
- Minimum 2 years Dragonfly Editing experience
List the knowledge, skills, and abilities critical to the performance of this position.
Have a thorough knowledge of NCAA, conference and institutional rules and conduct the program within the regulations. As a staff member within the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, you are responsible for knowledge of and compliance with National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA) regulations, both those general in nature and those which apply directly to the position’s responsibilities. Strict adherence to all applicable governing policies, procedures, and regulations of the NCAA is required and is a condition of your employment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and courteously with staff at all levels throughout the university.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and actively with the athletic department staff, especially Sports Information, Marketing, & University Media Services staff.
- Ability to stay abreast of rapidly evolving media and communications technologies through willingness to attend workshops and training opportunities, read current literature and publications, and interface with knowledgeable professionals.