Principal Food Service Worker (5650C) - 27498 - 1038
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: August 20, 2019
At Cal Dining, we believe that breaking bread together is a unique aspect of dining on-campus with friends, faculty or staff. Our focus is on nourishing the Cal community, both for physical and social well-being, through customer-driven programs, culinary excellence and campus social responsibility.
Our service philosophy is centered around three key principles:
Flavor & Variety - We are committed to providing great tasting food for every palate. Our award winning program features a wide-variety of seasonal menus and ethnic specialties. We've partnered with top chefs and restaurateurs to bring quality offerings to our locations.
Health & Wellness - As leaders in providing healthier-for-you foods, we transitioned to natural, organic and trans-fat free food products and are 99.9% free of partially hydrogenated oils (PHO) in over 4,000 products.
Social Responsibility - We continually strive to do everything possible to minimize our environmental footprint. As a responsible neighbor, we are dedicated to supporting the Cal community, expanding our ecological efforts and encouraging our customers to do the same.
The Cal Dining team aims to be responsive by listening to our customers and responding to each and every customer comment. We demonstrate our commitment to responsibility by being the best possible stewards of our customer's financial resources. We strive to provide best-in-class service, all while upholding the values of the UC Berkeley community.
PREPARATION, SET-UP AND CUSTOMER SERVICE:
- Assist in the preparation of assigned menu items following department recipes and production sheets, including: salad bar items, various types of salads, condiments, fruit and veggie trays, cold accompaniments to entrees, salad dressings, etc. following the standard HACCP principles of food preparation, safety, and sanitation in food production and service, as well as rules and policies for organic certification.
- Follow rules and policies for organic certification.
- May prepare convenience, value-added products and food independently.
- Merchandise food including garnishing for serving line presentation.
- Participate in ongoing customer service programs which includes just in time salad preparation, demonstration salad preparation and interaction with customers.
- Set-up, prepare, replenish, distribute food products and supplies in designated areas to ensure availability in a timely manner to meet customer demand.
- Oversee front of the house set ups.
- Establish and maintain positive relations with our customers.
- Listen, and if possible, resolve customers' needs and report them to the manager and/or supervisor.
- Interact enthusiastically and pleasantly with customers and co-workers to ensure a positive interaction and outcome in every interaction.
- Responsible for practicing good stewardship with university and customer resources.
SANITATION AND SAFETY:
- Distribute prepared food at correct temperatures prior to service for specified meals to designated serving areas.
- Frequently check service line to ensure quality control and HACCP standards are met. Store products to maximize organic and standard quality.
- Store leftover organic food properly and away from non-organic product and plan usage of leftovers with Chef.
- Safely operate and maintain all food service equipment used in food production and service of organic product and standard product.
- Prepare and date food samples taken from service.
- Ensure the cleanliness, safety, and sanitation of designated storage and work areas, large and small equipment and utensils used in food production.
- Keep work areas and organic product organized, clean, and separate.
- Safely use cleaning supplies and chemicals.
- Train and direct food service employees in food preparation and customer service.
- Demonstrate effective merchandising techniques in presentation of food items.
- Ensure all operational areas are clean and organized in a timely manner to meet customer demand.
- Immediately resolve or report spills, damages, defects, and other issues to maintain safety and sanitation of the facility.
- May be asked to assist in other areas of the operation working down in classification.
- Provide oversight and mentoring of food service workers and student staff
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Works in a safe and responsible manner while not putting others at risk. This includes complying with applicable policies and regulations, using personal safety gear; observing warning signs; learning about potential hazards; and reporting unsafe conditions.
- Food preparation experience.
- Customer service experience.
- Demonstrated ability to direct the work of others.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English and follow oral/written instructions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of food safety and sanitation.
- Ability to complete service records accurately at the conclusion of a meal.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to operate and maintain restaurant food service equipment.
- 2 years' experience in large volume production
- ServSafe Certification
- Large volume food service experience.
Salary & Benefits
This position is a non-exempt, bi-weekly paid position. Hourly pay for this role is $17.18, Step 1.0.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a partial-year career position, with a furlough.
This position is governed by the terms and conditions in the agreement for the Service Unit (SX) between the University of California and the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME). The current bargaining agreement manual can be found at:
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=1038&PostingSeq=1