The Student Life Marketing and Communications team is seeking a Communications and Marketing Specialist. In this role, you will join a team that provides experienced leadership and a bold creative vision for university-wide and unit-level marketing and communication initiatives. You will support Campus Living by creating content and also assist the division in advancing a centralized marketing reorganization.
Your responsibilities include:
- Develop and distribute communications to students, parents and the campus-wide community, in collaboration with Campus Living leadership.
- Collaborate with content experts to design and produce assets to integrate into web, social, email, print and video by leveraging technologies and utilizing visual storytelling techniques.
- Maintain technical web assets: manage enhancements and implement CMS updates.
- Participate in departmental efforts that further the Campus Living brand, including events such as Fall Opening and Open House.
- Administrative task support as needed.
Our team recognizes the advantages diverse perspectives and backgrounds bring to the workplace. We are particularly interested in candidates who share this value and will work to achieve the university’s goals of inclusive excellence.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About Student Life
As a member of Student Life, you will join service professionals, all driven by one shared set of values designed to help ensure students’ well-being, create a safe and supportive environment and promote student success. In Student Life, growth is a shared passion. We aim for excellence, thinking big and going bold. We pursue our goals tenaciously while stewarding the student experience. We build communities and advance diversity in all forms. We encourage discovery and celebrate success.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of one year of professional experience
- Some experience with print and digital design, social media and email marketing
- Strong organizational and analytical skills as well as excellent attention to detail
- Experience with content management systems, responsive web design and web accessibility guidelines
- Experience with creative design tools and desktop digital video production
- Working knowledge of social media management platforms