Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Full-Time Librarian (Huntsville Campus)
Full-Time Librarian (Huntsville Campus)
Salary is based on the Lee College Faculty Salary Scale - 12 Month. Placement on scale is commensurate with education and related work experience.
HCLC Academic Studies
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Huntsville Center offers a variety of academic and technical correctional education programs to TDCJ offenders. This is an instructional position within a correctional environment teaching an all-male offender population. Offenders are required to meet academic and security requirements for enrollment consideration.
The Librarian's role is to support learning through the provision of instruction, reference, and collection development services to Lee College Huntsville Center students, faculty, and staff. The Librarian collaborates with faculty, staff, and administrators to ensure students have access to the resources needed to support the curriculum across multiple modalities. The Librarian collaborates with Windham School District (WSD) Library Services in order to share resources and services.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide class instruction in the use of library resources to support the development of information literacy skills, including creating, updating, and maintaining tutorials.
- Provide general reference services in a variety of formats.
- Serve as liaison to all academic and vocational departments to provide subject-tailored information, literacy instruction, develop research guides, and assist with collection development.
- Maintain and develop the library's intranet website providing course-related electronic resources.
- Administer classroom management system in all locations with computer labs.
- Review log files from the classroom management system in order to ensure compliance with TDCJ requirements.
- Collaborate with Windham School District (WSD) Library Services staff to continue the READ project, providing brooks in WSD Libraries for course reserves and educational development of TDCJ general population.
- Work collaboratively with IT, study hall monitors, and advisors to ensure the security of intranet resources provided by the library.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as Moodle manager, adding and removing courses, adding and removing students, administering access rules.
- Evaluate, recommend, introduce, and maintain innovative technology to assist with student learning and success.
- Meet institutional service and professional development goals as determined in collaboration with the dean.
- Research and apply for grants.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position. Candidate must pass criminal background screening with Lee College and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ).
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Masters (or higher) degree in Library Science/Information Science from an ALA accredited institution
- Proficiency in searching library databases
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Ability to learn new programs
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Candidates must pass a criminal background check by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ)
- Web design and usability
- Adobe Acrobat Pro proficiency
- Dreamweaver proficiency
- Familiarity with programming
Huntsville Campus - Huntsville, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work
. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6207
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |