Athletics Communications Coordinator
Georgia Southern University
3900310201-Extramural Physical Activities
Extramural Physical Activities. This position plays a pivotal role in shaping and elevating communications and messaging in the Georgia Southern Athletics Communications Department across various platforms, including, but not limited to the web, social media and print. The Athletics Communications Coordinator serves as the primary communications contact for assigned sports, including baseball, and must have knowledge of NCAA rules and compliance issues; must have superb writing, editing and communications skills and a proven ability to develop an effective communications plan to achieve goals.
- Serves as the day-to-day media liaison for specific sports, including baseball, women's soccer and other sports to be determined based on department needs.
- Develops historical guides and story releases for respective sports.
- Assists with the development of athletic websites.
- Supervises publicity efforts for assigned sports.
- Serves as host media coordinator for assigned sports for all conference and NCAA championships hosted by the institution.
- Compiles statistics and records for assigned sports.
- Arranges interviews between student-athletes, coaches, administrators and media for assigned sports and arrange press conferences as necessary.
- Be committed to and demonstrate understanding, acceptance and compliance with NCAA and institutional athletic related rules and regulations at all times; communicates NCAA compliance standards and assists with rules-education.
- Reports all known or suspected violations of NCAA or conference regulations to the appropriate Athletic or Institutional administrator.
- Follows all safety and other risk management policies in performance of work.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelors Degree in public relations, communications, journalism or related field
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?:
Minimum Experience Required:
Two or more years of related work experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment
Experience with Division I athletics department; experience with various technologies, including graphic design programs (InDesign, Photoshop); knowledge of NCAA and Sun Belt Conference rules and regulations; expertise with in-game statistical programs (Stat Crew, Genius) particularly with baseball and soccer
$36,500 - $37,155
Job Open Date:
Job Closing Date:
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit: https://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/64347
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.