The Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) and its Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) represent a large NIH infrastructure grant to support clinical and translational research at the University at Buffalo (UB) and the Buffalo Translational Consortium (BTC) partner institutions under the leadership of the Director of the CTSI. The Team Science Specialist is a full-time professional position who will:
- Assemble, support and maximize opportunities for multi-disciplinary clinical research teams for success in scientific innovation.
- To quantify, measure to better understand the principles of effective team science and collaborative efforts to address a scientific challenges that leverage the strengths and expertise of professionals trained in different fields.
- Play an active role in the integration of research, training and engagement initiatives within the CTSI Team Science hub by working with the hub leadership, UB community and stakeholders.
- Serve as Team Science coach on qualified research teams.
- Work with the Team Science hub leadership to develop and administer training modules in the Team Science Program.
- Responsible for coordinating and evaluating all the programmatic activities for the CTSI Team Science hub including but not limited to CTSI-specific online training modules, seminars, workshops as well as outreach training modules and new courses when appropriate.
- Track Team Science programs and activities, contribute to reports and participate in the development and conduct of projects that evaluate Team Science programs and activities.
- Attend and participate in CTSI staff meetings and make occasional trips related to CTSI activities.
- Assist with progress report and grant submissions as needed.
- Anticipate what needs to be done and initiate action towards that goal.
- Other activities as outlined by your supervisor, PI and/or COO.
- Assist with dissemination of findings to relevant communities.
- Tracking Team Science programs and activities.
- Contribute to reports.
- Participate in the development and conduct of projects that evaluate Team Science programs and activities.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/r… packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex,