UB’s Systems Administrators creatively use leading-edge technologies along with their knowledge of computing and information systems to build and maintain complex enterprise-level services at the University at Buffalo (UB), the number 1 public research university in NY and among the top 40 public universities in the nation.
- Provide advanced systems support: Support and troubleshoot mission-critical enterprise Windows systems and services, and ensure system security and compliance with regulations
- Design and implement complex systems and infrastructure: Develop mission-critical enterprise Windows systems
- Solve complex systems and service problems: Develop unique approaches to complicated problems where diagnostic data is incomplete, absent, or contradictory, and where there may be no precedent or solution
- Provide customer support: Fulfill or deny service requests according to departmental policies and negotiate service provisioning with customers, stakeholders and management
- Manage technical projects: Manage projects and provide expert consulting on technical initiatives, facilitate technical discussions among campus IT groups, and proactively assist in budget and service planning
- Work as part of a team: Participate in service teams providing 24×7 support; influence work priorities, technical decisions, and operating procedures at the team or project level
In addition to professional growth opportunities, UBIT
staff have access to benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal, and academic to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
It is a great time to join UB Information Technology (UBIT
)! Our staff are highly skilled and motivated to succeed and have cutting-edge training and technical resources at their disposal. For more information about UBIT
visit our website
. All the duties & responsibilities listed above continue to occur in a 24×7 environment, therefore, working extended hours, holidays, or varied hours may be required.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Must meet at least one of the following degree qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of experience in a computer/technical field
- Master’s degree with 1 year of experience in a computer/technical field
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered